Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a huntin' we will go.....

So I'm still trying to calm myself and my Hog pride down after Ashley's post. But let's move on, shall we?  Let's talk Craft Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

On Saturday we went antiquing.  Living in these parts, we have quite a few really awesome antique stores.  Including one of my faves just blocks from my house.

But we hit Kimberlee and Meg's favorite place, Bearly Makin' It Antiques


If you know my Bubba at all, you just KNOW he freaked when I sent this picture.  I didn't have very good cell reception there...so I didn't get his text back....begging me for some keys. 


Typical me, I was super-duper overwhelmed.  I could've gone absolutely crazy up in there.  Maybe notsa much with the keys....but everything else.


Does something in this picture look familiar?  Hmm????


This pic is of my kitchen.  And that blue, white, and green vintage cake carrier is on top of my fridge.  I have a long, detailed, somewhat depressing story of when my grandmother passed away.  I had a hard time taking her belongings, but a few things I did get.  One of which was that cake carrier.  I didn't even know she had it...but freaked out over the colors. *grin*


I'm drawn to industrial pieces, metalware, and the like.  License plates, oil cans, gas cans, signs....oh, *swoon*.  I even found vintage handles for pumping gas.  If I knew where I'd put them they'd be in my house right now.


But I was a good girl.  I paced myself. 




(A few of these pics via Meg.)

Some items were cheaper there than I can find at home.  Other items were way more expensive.  Isn't that odd?  Anyway, I only bought one item here.


This awesome, bright yellow kitchen scale.  (Bad pic, sorry!!)  And get this.....around here these go for a minimum of $30...very often $60 and up.  I got it for......$10!  TEN!  Suh-weeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Then we moved on to The Barn.  Same owners.  Way more loot.


This place rocked.  I ain't lyin', my man should kiss the ground Kimberlee walks on that we all drove together in a 15-passenger van


instead of taking individual cars.  Cuz I woulda loaded uuuuuuuup!!!!  For reals.

Oh, and did I mention this place was also on American Pickers?  Bubba loves that show.


I desperately wanted this chair.  Great price.  Amazing condition.  But it couldn't fit in the van.  *sniff*  But weep not for me, dear friends.  I came home with this.


I've been looking for one of these, babies!  And the cost???  TEN SMACKERS!  Unbelievable.  (I found one here awhile back for $30.)  I haven't put it anywhere yet.....I'm thinking craft room with fabric?  Doh Doh's room for toys?  Kitchen for antique linens?  The laundry room?  The playroom for toys?  Have mercy!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I'm in the pursuit of a vintage glider.  Had one awhile back, located a truck, and they sold it before I got back.  Why I didn't put it on hold....I have no idea.  But I found one at the Barn....too much $$$, not great condition, and the thought of hauling it home....


If I'd bought that green beauty, I wouldn't have been able to take my sweet friends to the airport.  No worries ladies, it was sooooooo worth it. *grin*

We ended our shopping expenditure with a little refreshment.

It was a great, great, great, great day.  And I'm ready to go back.  I wonder if I showed up in Kansas if Meg or Kimberlee would take me in?  Well, me and my 3 kiddos.  I missed them too much to leave them again.  So soon.

(No worries, ladies.  It was just a joke........  Or was it?  I really did want that chair.)

3 comments:

  1. If you want the chair, I will go and pick it up and meet you half way with it. I'm not kidding. I love you that much. For reals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great, great day, wasn't it! I'm still trying to figure out a way to get back to Kansas with a truck so I can take big things home. That barn was awesome.

    P.S. My son loves keys too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say a we need a reunion so you can get the chair!

    ReplyDelete