Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Work In Progress

Much like my life, my blog is a work in progress.  I'm beginning to understand why so many people have "practice blogs" where they can try out different backgrounds and monkey around before publishing it to the world.

One blog is enough for me to manage, thank you very much.

Therefore, if you stumble upon my blog and things don't quite match, or look that great (like now!!!), or seem to make no sense at all (well, let's be honest, that could be at any given time of any given day) then you've probably stumbled upon me trying to pretty up.  Like now, for example.  I chose a new background and went to Scrapblog to make a new header.

And then I changed a dirty diaper.

And ooh-ed and ahh-ed over a block architectural masterpiece.


And made lemon water for a cranky girl upset that her brothers got fun drinks with straws as a post-school treat.

Opened the back door to the deck so a cranky girl can crawl in and out.  I'm right here by her, people.  Don't freak out on the negligent mother me now.

And when I came back I hated my background.  Even though it's called Obsessed with Jane Austen.  WHOM I ADORE.  J'adore Mademoiselle Jane Austen.

I'm already over it.  Sigh.  I thought that perhaps my incessant need to read Mlle. Austen at this very moment might be quenched with a blog background in her honor.  Obviously I was wrong.....

So hang tight with me while I do a little housekeeping.  But for now, I'm off to the great outdoors.  The blogging world seems so unimportant on a sunny day.  Although with this humidity, I'm considering yet another neighborhood water gun fight.  Momma needs to be cooled off.

No comments:

Post a Comment