Thursday, August 19, 2010

For Every Season......

Today was the first day of 1st grade.


Why the deranged look on his face?  Is that scary or what?????  Seriously!  YIKES.

Enough was enough.  I had told him we were leaving -- which he had oh so patiently waited for -- and then made him stop for a camera opp.  Not good. 

I wasn't getting the Mother of the Year Award at this point.


It was hilarious to me that they all came in and immediately began coloring.  I probably would've waited for permission......

I've shared before that last year for (half day) kindergarten, Bubba went to a private Christian school.  This year we switched to public.  I expected to be one of just a few moms walking their kids in. 

I was wrong.

In a big way.

There were parents EVERYWHERE.  BOTH parents.  My man stayed home with the other two so I had less to haul in.

I'm very glad I went in...and not just for the photo opps...but there are several turns to his classroom and while I tried to let him go on his own, he made a couple of wrong turns.  Let's hope tomorrow he does better.  I'm not walking him in every day!!!



(Again, the face????)

It was a great day. 

And while Bubba was at school, I did this.


And this.....


I was at Bruiser's disposal.  And during Doh Doh's naptime, he had me all to himself.  ALL TO HIMSELF.  For the ultimate Momma's boy, were more beautiful words ever uttered?

And I would share after school pictures, but I'm too tired.......  Pathetic, no?  I'm not feeling witty.  Or clever.  Or festive.  Or coherent.

So bonne nuite!  If you started school today, whether at home or in a system, I hope your little ones (or "little" ones!!) had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment