Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slacker of a Blogger

I've been a BIG slacker with blogging lately.  Ok, a big slacker with everything lately.  Hush up.

But I do have exciting news to share...but you'll have to WAIT.  Yes, that's right.  Insert Carly Simon's song "Anticipation"  HERE.

So on to other things.  My sweet friend nominated me for an "award."


It says Naughty or Nice Award.  My question, of course, is which one am I???  Don't answer that.

So here are my questions I am to answer.

1.  What is the silliest prank you've ever played on someone?
Well, as you can imagine this is a hard question to answer.  Oh, the possibilities!  I can't believe I am confessing this, BUT since I confessed years ago to the person it involved (and he found it hilarious!) then I'll confess to you.  In high school I convinced a very sweet friend that I was having (ahem) a VERY improper relationship with one of our single teachers.  I KNOW!  I KNOW!!  Horrible, right?  She was shocked....but believed me.  I forgot to admit I was joking.  The next morning I went to her to confess but before I could she told me she had been up all night worried about me.  Made it a little hard to 'fess up after that........  (But of course I did!  She wouldn't talk to me for a long time!)

2.  If you could take a trip anywhere out of the country, where would you go?
Hmm.  I've traveled a lot in my life.  (I swear we have gypsy in our blood.)  Switzerland is my favorite country.  I'd love to take my family there.  Ooh, and Greece.  I've always wanted to go to Greece.  But only when there's no humidity.....

3.  Who plays the most influential role in your life?
As a Christian, God plays the most influential role.  I am dependent upon Him for everything.  I know that seems obvious, cliche, but it's oh-so true.  I would also have to say that my husband is a HUGE influence in my life.  I've mentioend before that we are total opposites....which is perfection for us.  He's the fizz to my soda, the ying to my yang, the zig to my zag, the ruffle to my feathers.......  I think you get it.

4.  Are you ok with your significant other being friends with an ex?
Oh, how I love this question.  This recently came up with a friend.  In a one-word answer:  NO.  To expound on this topic, I find it highly improper for a spouse to be friends with an ex.  Now, if it was a junior high ex or a crush...give me a break.  But a serious ex is a no-no.  And if you were friends with an ex, what does that say about your marriage?  My man is my best friend.  'Nuff said.

5.  Favorite candle scent?
I do not enjoy anything scented.  I have allergy issues with fragrances AND a very highly sensitive smelling device.  However, I was recently in a house where the owner had lots of fragrant "thingamabobs" and it was actually nice.  A friend used to make candles and I LOVED her Coffee scented one.  Oh, and her Christmas one.  Miss those.

6.  Next movie you're excited about seeing?
Movie?  What's a movie?  I'm actually excited about seeing anything NOT animated.  And historical.  I'm digging something Jane Austen-ish.  Or Anne of Green Gable-ish.  Great.  Now I'm feeling desperate....  And now it's raining...makes me want it even more.

7.  You must ban one word from the dictionary and all usage, to be no longer uttered or written.  What word would you ban?
How 'bout a phrase?  I loathe the usage of OMG...and I ain't talkin' gosh.  And does it make anyone else chuckle when an aethiest uses that phrase?  If they don't believe in God, how they can utter that phrase??  Just a thought....

8.  Do you have any relatives in jail?
Hmm....I was typing no when I remembered a conversation my mother and I had just the other day.  So yes.  Yes, I do.  Sad.

9.  What crazy fads were popular when you were a teenager?
Don't really remember any as a teenager.....as a kid friendship beads, friendship necklaces/bracelets, plastic bracelets, Keds..........  As a teen?  I don't know....tight rolling jeans?  That was early teen years.  I really try to block out the later teen years.....  Ha.

10.  Have you ever been mentioned on TV or newspaper?
Yes.  Quite a lot.  Mostly when doing theatre.....  A big regret of mine is not cutting out (and framing) the articles/pictures.  I have only one framed...but it's a big color one.  I don't even have pictures from a lot of shows I did.  Until having kids I was NOT a big picture taker.  One older lady I did theatre with had an entire bathroom COVERED in framed headshots of actors she had worked with. 

Thanks, Sandi for the nomination!!  How fun was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment