Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another First

Wow.  What a week.  Our first FULL week of school.  I don't even have to give an excuse as to why I haven't blogged.  I'm pretty sure that statement says it all.  And then some.

On Monday, we had ANOTHER FIRST!  Yes, it was Bruiser's first day of school. 


Or rather "school."  Bruiser started Mother's Day Out, which is actually a little K4 program.  He's done MDO in the past, but this year he is going 3 days a week. 

Sniff, sniff.

Yes, 3 days is a little much for this Momma.  However, with kindergarten in just another year it's time to get the ultimate Momma's boy ready for 5 days a week.  And that's all I have to say about that, b/c I can't really wrap my mind around that right now!


First of all,
how in the world did I miss the milk moustache?????

I actually noticed the white 'stache as I was getting him out of the car.  I told him I'd wipe it off as soon as we got to his classroom.  I, of course, was managing a baby, him, a backpack, lunchbox, keys, cell phone, and dodging cars in and out of the parking lot.  The moustache was cute anyway.....

Much to my surprise, when we got to his classroom -- and before I could wipe off the 'stache!!! -- he walked STRAIGHT INTO HIS CLASSROOM.

*  No problems.

*  No tears.

*  Nada.

*  Not even a kiss goodbye for Momma..........


Another first, for sure..........

Of course, that newness evidently wore off...b/c on Day 3 of his school week he was kicking and screaming as I left.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this Momma's boy?

By the way, the first picture was snapped while he was playing on the floor (IM)patiently waiting for us to leave.  (He kept asking every 2.2 seconds, "Is it time to go to my coo?"  That's Bruiser for "school.")

The second picture he posed himself at the backdoor.  After all, that's what Bubba did on his first day.  And certainly not one to be out done by his big Bub, he also snagged his backpack.  He said, "You hafta get one wif my packpack, Mom."

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this boy?


(I hope everyone noticed his Big Wheel t-shirt...especially if any of my cousins are reading this.  Isn't it delightful?  I was surprised he wanted to wear it b/c it isn't GREEN.  Or "geen" in Bruiser-ese.  He's going through his Green Phase....and it's ALL HE WILL WEAR.  Somehow we got a break on the first day.  I think it's b/c he loves the Big Wheel as much as his Momma.  Or maybe b/c he was ready to get to "coo.")

1 comment: