Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Flick

Can you guess what we did Saturday?


I took Bruiser to his first movie!!!!

Bubba has been to several with his Nona.  But Bruiser -- not one for slowing down long enough to sit still and watch something (he's truly my child!!) -- had yet to go.  He had never really had an interest either.  But Saturday he was ready.

Of course, he realized candy was involved.

Sigh.

(I feel like I need to start donating plasma just to pay for that stinkin' candy.  Sheesh.  But TOTALLY worth it.....)


I took both boys to see "Nanny McPhee Returns."  It is a wonderful movie!  I absolutely loved it.  And, I'm happy to report, Ian sat still for almost the entire flick.  It was long, about 2 hours.  He did great.  It was only the last 20-30 minutes that he was ready to go.  The ending is pretty action packed, so he would get interested in it, then request to leave.

Some fun, entertaining tidbits from the adventure:

*I had to use my phone as a flashlight so that he could see the color of his Skittles.

*He found a piece of gum and tore it off the bottom of the armrest.


*He had smelled the icky gum.

*He made me smell the icky gum.  At the hint of mintyness hitting my smeller, I realized what he had.


*Walking into the theatre the movie had already begun.  We had to walk in front of everyone to get to the second staircase b/c so many seats were full.  Bubba and I made it across.  I looked back to find  Bruiser FREAKING OUT and the ultimate Momma's boy yelling for Momma.  With 2 greasy containers of cramp-producing popcorn, one drink that could've fed a family of 11 (or one caffeine-deprived Momma) and a purse so heavy I could use it as a home gym, I hustled back across to come to his rescue.  I took his hand and began leading him.  The minute his new Nikes left the carpet and hit the shiny floor he crumpled.  It was then I realized -- the shiny floor in the darkness looked like WATER.  Bless his heart.

*He took 2 sips of the $3.75 Coke.


I think it was a HUGE success.  And he's already requested that "the next time we go somewhere we hafta go to duh moobees."

So yes.  I'd do it all over again.  Anyone know the number to the plasma donation center?

No comments:

Post a Comment