Bubba is at that age where he likes to write things. For an almost 1st grader -- in 2 weeks (sniff, sniff) -- he writes and reads fairly well. All over our house he posts notes he's written. Every door in our house has a sign that reads, "God is the best for yow and miy." That's "you" and "me" respectively.
He's also addicted to Scotch tape. We're considering a 12-step program.
I'm going broke in tape replacement.
So tonight, while balancing my checkbook, Bubba hands me $2 and a note. And though his notes are usually written in complete sentences and fairly understandable (don't forget 'yow' and 'miy'...which of course sounds more like the 2 Chinese international students living with my parents), I actually needed a little help with this note tonight.
Therefore I shall translate for you as well:
"I will help you pay for the new house."And that's our big news. I wanted to do a big trumpet fanfare and make our announcement. But my precious child's note and crinkly one dollar bills say it way better than I ever could.
Yesterday we bought a house. And although everything is still getting worked out -- thanks to all the paperwork, and no doubt thanks to attorneys -- we are in the process of purchasing a new home.
We're all a little excited.
So there you have our big news.
And if you know anyone who needs a cute house, with the best neighbors EVER....I've got one for sale. Wink, wink.




No comments:
Post a Comment