Monday, August 16, 2010

Facelift

I played around awhile and came up with several different backgrounds.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with a clean house and finished -- and FOLDED -- laundry.

I didn't like any of the backgrounds.  Don't even really care for the one I settled on.  I just loved my red, white and blue background and header.  Sigh.  You can expect to see it in another week or two, I'm sure.

I have to confess something now.  And for those who always live this kind of life -- and you know I'm always in AWE of you -- then you will not be able to identify with my confession.

However, if you are an unorganized person possibly living with a hoarder or two, you might totally dig this cathartic confession:

I FEEL ENORMOUS PEACE WITH MY CLEAN HOUSE.

There.  I said it.

I'm amazed at how much calmer I feel....how much more time I've had for the "little" things....and for the little ones.  I could go into the psychology of it all...but I won't.  Let's just say that in the next house things will be different.  I won't spend my hours waiting to do home repairs.  Or dreaming of purging closets. 

And now, as my husband watches a movie I refuse to watch (I don't like any type of reality in my movies), and the precious ones are all tuck-tuck-tucked into bed, I'm going to flit off to the back and avoid any type of eye contact with or noises from this movie.  ICK. 

Enjoy the back to school banner.  It won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment