Not moving limbo, but a much more gLoRiouS limbo.
I'm in a decorating LIMBO.
And it's heavenly..........
Although it almost seems too perfect to believe, our new house needs almost ZERO work done to it. Now hear me out on this --
IT DOESN'T EVEN NEED PAINTING.
I'll pause a moment and give you all time to hate me.
Finished?
Ok, ok....so one room needs to be painted. Little Doh Doh's room is currently being used by 2 very adorable little boys. It's a dark army/olive green color with faux brick painted all over...including one entire corner, which just looks odd. Hard to believe, b/c the current homeowner and I, I truly feel, are kindred spirits. I don't know her, but I heart her. I feel a connection.
{Which leads me to an interesting point -- psychologically. The previous owners of our current home used this strictly as a jumping off spot. They did no repairs, no real fix-ups, NOTHING. And we always looked at this as our jumping off spot as well...never dreaming we'd be here 11 years. Well, I feel like we took on some of the previous owners mindset. And I'm happy to say we're moving to a home that was obviously -- and fortunately! -- well loved. Not that we haven't loved our current home...obviously we have to stay here 11 years. It's been a wonderful spot for us -- and hoepfully the Lord will send new owners who will love it as I have. But I think it took us awhile to shed the "temporary" mindset that came with this house.}
Does that make sense at all? Have I lost it completely? PLEASE don't answer that.....
Back to Doh Doh's room......so I'm searching for an inspiration room to get me going in the right direction on how to decorate Doh Doh's room. And even yesterday in my total sleepless state (another non-slumber night for Doh Doh the night before!!) I spent what little free time I had (and even before my much longed for bedtime) searching magazines and websites. Craving inspiration. And hopefully I've found it. (Actually found it a long time ago and tucked it away in my little mind.)
It's so fun. Deciding how to decorate everything is F-U-N. Last night, while lying in bed, I flipped thru all the pics I took of the house on my phone placing our furniture, contemplating paint colors, and just dreaming. My man confiscated my phone....so he could look as well! Funny, funny.
The master bedroom will probably get painted eventually. But I can certainly live with its olivey-green hue for now. But turning a boys' room into a room for a Princess needs to be done post haste.
And that, besides constantly trying to keep a house with 3 children living in it clean for potential lookers/buyers, is what I've been up to lately. So what about you? Are you decorating anything?
I'd share my pictures of my inspiration room for Doh Doh, but at times I enjoy the element of surprise........




No comments:
Post a Comment