Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh, Wow

Well, first of all, I chose the title of this post as "Oh, Wow!" because that's exactly what Doh Doh just said.  Hilarious.  And she said it very slowly.  "Oooooooooh, Woooooooooooooooow."

Funny.

I am typing this blogpost from the comfy living room of my new house.   I typed a VERY hilarious post -- if I do say so myself -- last week.  However, b/c I feel like the Lord truly needs to silence me MOST days of my life, after I hit "publish" to send my post out into the blogosphere, it said there was an error and to hit the back button.

Do you know what happens when you hit the back button?

You come back.  To NOTHING.

That's right.  My absolutely roll on the floor hilarious post (I can say that b/c no one will ever be able to read it) was GONE.  On a day when I had zero time to blog, my kids were running around screaming and starving and probably half-dressed (b/c that's just the way we roll in the M household) my post was G-O-N-E. 

I won't tell you what I said, or -- worse -- what I thought or even how I reacted.  I'll just say that I stood up from the table and walked away.  That was over a week ago.  I'm just now blogging again.  Took me that long to let go of the bitterness towards Blogger.

At this moment I had to lean forward to see if Doh Doh was in the toilet.  She's not.  But I also really have no idea where she is.  At this point there's no damage she can really do to this house.  If she unloads a few boxes for me I'll be ever so grateful.  As long as she stays out of the toilet and the mop bucket.  Oh, crud.  The mop bucket.........

Ok, so we have moved into our new house.  And, because our Lord truly has a sense of humor which is always so evident in my life, we ended up painting EVERY ROOM in the house.  Except for the master bedroom.  Which is the FIRST room I wanted painted.  Turns out the color wasn't so bad after all.  Especially after you paint an entire house.  Things start looking pretty good after 2 straight weeks of painting.  You might remember a previous post where I asked for you not to hate me b/c the house didn't even need painting.  Well, boasting -- except in the Lord -- is never a good thing.  That's Scriptural, y'all.  Turns out that after the homeowners (whom I bashed in my post that disappeared) removed all their junk furniture and belongings the walls were in terrible states.  (As was the rest of the house.)

I need to insert something here.  If your Momma never taught you how to scrub a toilet (including UNDER the rim), clean a baseboard, wipe down a kitchen counter, vacuum, use Windex, or any of those other wonderful household chores that aren't much fun but are a complete necessity, I would be more than happy to teach you.  It appears that not everyone knows how to do these things.  I will happily oblige.  I'm considering opening a THINGS YOUR MOMMA NEVER TAUGHT YOU seminar.  Also included for the price of admission:  AIMING FOR BOYS AND MEN 101.

Le sigh......................

(And because I don't want to leave out the little ladies, I'll also include -- DRESSING MODESTLY IN A FALLEN WORLD 101.  Oh, girls.  Please cover up.)

Back on point!!!!  So after 2 weeks of painting and cleaning and painting some more, we moved in.

Things are crazy.  Things are overwhelming.  We still haven't sold our other house.  If you kow potential buyers of a very cute house with amazing neighbors, please send them our way.  Everyone who comes in loves it, but they really loved it decorated....and now, it's empty.  Well, kinda sorta empty.  But that's another post, for another day.

I'll post pictures soon.  Well, just as soon as I can find my camera.  Hmm.  I wonder where that is?  Perhaps I should wonder more where Doh Doh is...........

Oh.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment