Sunday, July 11, 2010

Miss Me?

I know y'all missed me.  C'mon....admit it.

Didn't realize I was gone?????  Hmph.

Well, whether you missed me or not, we've been on....VACATION!  Woohooo!  Yes, we've come home nice and brown...


...with mountains of laundry.  Which I'm doing now.  And will be doing tomorrow.  I'm only on load numero uno.  Le sigh.

Doesn't that picture just SCREAM vaca?  I mean, check it out.  Fishing pole?  Check.  Plaid shorts?  Check.  Striped shirt that doesn't match?  Check.  Life jacket with a crotch strap?  Double check.



We had a great time, although in the picture above that's debatable for Doh Doh.  Spent most of our time on the lake.  Nothing real exciting.  Just hanging out and spending time as a family.  It was wonderful.  I'll share more later and (of course) more pictures.  I haven't even uploaded all my photos yet.  Maybe while doing load of laundry numero dos.  But I ain't makin' any promises.

So all you get now are the two cute ones above.  Pretty cute though, right?  Right??

So just a few things:
  1. I've come home dizzy.  Not sure if it's a virus, too much time on the water, exhaustion, or what....but it's already annoying.  And just when I think I've overcome it, a wave hits me and I just want to lie down.  Ugh.  And a wave just hit.  So blogging is no longer a top priority.
  2. Y'all crack me up asking questions about the decorating pictures I posted a post or two back.  The staircase picture probably received the most comments.  Primiarily, "Do you really like that?" and "Would you really decorate like that?"  Answer:  You betcha.  I love color.  However, I don't tend to stick with "looks" like that for long.  If I lived alone, which thankfully I do not, I would probably be changing things every month or so.  I tire of looks like that easily.  I'd also probably be broke all the time.  I tend to stick with my "traditional style with a kick" b/c I don't get tired of looking at it.  And it makes my man happy.
  3. I'm in the process of reading a new book.  I finished two while on vacation.  My first Agatha Christie murder mystery, which was a fun read, light and easy and not gruesome.  I don't do gruesome.  And another Christian fiction historical romance from a debut novelist.  It was really good.  Also an easy read -- aren't almost all romances??? -- and what's funny is that it tied in a bit to the book my man was reading, which I'm now just beginning.  You've probably heard of it, as a lot of Christians are catching on to it:  Radical, by David Platt.  I'll soon be doing a book report on it.  I know you're clutching the sides of your flowy summery dress in anticipation.
  4. I would say my posts on decorating get the most attention.  (Well, besides my posts on my adorable children in all their adorability.)  And someone recently asked what my favorite house style is.  And so I'll share.  In another post.  Mean, isn't it?  Sorry, but this blasted dizziness has taken its toll and I feel the need to lie down.  I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm watching the World Cup final.  Those blasted horns drive me insane.  And they keep showing aerial shots...not really what a girl with severe motion sickness needs to look at.  In HD.  On the big screen.  Nice.  So here's a little picture of my dream Craftsman home to tide you over until I can get my wits about me.  (That'll never happen, will it?)  It just so happens that the home we stayed at on vaca was also a Craftsman.  My man and I were taking lots of notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment