Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation Post...Finally, Part Un

It was so graciously reported to me yesterday that I have failed to post vacation pictures.

Oops.

Seriously, I thought I had.

I'm going to admit something here that is probably TMI.  Are you ready for it?  Pad and paper ready so you can record it? Aand continue to mock me and force me to put the proverbial mirror in front of my face in sheer mockery?????  ARE YOU READY?

I compose many, many, MANY blog posts.  In.  My.  Head.

And they never make it to actual posts.  In fact, after posting Bruiser's b-day pictures yesterday I was in the kitchen composing one in my head.  I refilled 2 sippy cups, went to the bathroom, and then sat down at the computer to begin my post. 

I had already forgotten what it was.

That was 2 hours ago.  I still can't remember what I was going to post.  Yes, it's that bad.  My memory -- no idea.  And so you see, I composed a vacation post in my head.  Probably six or seven of them.  I guess since I usually like to copyright my stuff, and haven't had a lick of time to do that, I just assumed (yes, we all know not to do that) that I had already done it. 

Ok, moving on........So two years ago we went to Orange Beach, Alabama.  We loved our beach front condo so much that we rented there again for this year.  Enter BP and their historic oil spill.  We held out until the last possible minute.  But when they closed the ocean (again, how do you close an ocean???) I was finished holding out.  Driving 13 hours with 3 kids to sit on a hot beach and not be able to dip into the ocean for relief is certainly not my idea of a good vacation.

So we hit the lake instead.  I'm totally a lake person so I had absolutely no objections.  We happen to know some folks who recently built 2 lake houses to rent out.  Not knowing much about them or the lake they sit upon I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself into by suggesting it.  However, we all agreed that knowing the folks who built them we were probably in pretty good shape.

And we were not disappointed.

The place was gorgeous and I have already recommended it to several people.  We are planning a return trip.  I would go today if I could.  It was only a 2 hour drive!!  How awesome is that with 3 little kids?  And, as I mentioned previously, the house was Craftsman style...which happens to be our favorite.  So my man and I just pretended for a short week that we were in OUR home.  :o)

Enough talk.  Let's get to the goods.


The princess, sitting on the front porch (her royal headquarters while we were there).  She's facing two wicker rockers where we spent quite a bit of time.  The water is also in front of her.  To her side is a house-long side porch.  WHICH SHE LOVED.  Her Nona set up a barricade of ice chests to keep her from going down the steps.
You've seen this one before...but with the plaid shorts, striped shirt AND CROTCH STRAP, it's definintely worth repeating.

Chuck and his little fisherman.  This was literally moments after we arrived.  Patient Bubba is NOT.  Thanks Chuck for bringing your boat!
How priceless is that grin?  Oh, man.  I love that boy.


Her Royal Highness in her bikini.  Showing a little skin.....and some rolls.

It took a little convincing, but Bruiser finally got on board.

And this is what little Doh Doh did while the fellas were out fishing.  Do you think she needs a haircut??  Sheesh.  Who is this kid's mother?

I love this picture.  She was looking up at the doorknob.  I swear she was trying to figure out if she could open it or not.

And we've all seen this classic as well.  But quite honestly, it deserves a second posting.  (And probably a third or fourth down the road.  I have no doubt this is making it on the Christmas card this year.)

We stayed close to the house all week.  Daddy ventured into town to replenish our milk supply.  My in-laws went into town one evening.  They probably just needed some peace and quiet.  :o)  But we had a blast just hanging out and swimming, fishing, boating, and lounging around. 

It was a great vacation...and although we've had some enjoyable days lately here at home, I wish I was still there..............

This concludes Part I of Vacation 2010.  Aren't you glad this wasn't a slide show???

No comments:

Post a Comment