Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not Stuffy Stuff, Just Stuff

What a week!  We came home from vacation with a vengeance!  I haven't spent one day at home this entire week.  And I'm not sure I'll get one!  Unless I force myself to stay put tomorrow.  We shall see......

I really am a homebody.  I love just being at home.  I don't like "busying" myself so that I'm out of the house.  My kids are a scheduled lot:  we eat at the same times (a necessity with a 14-month old...the princess does NOT like to be kept waiting), we nap at the same times.  (Ok, she naps at the same time.  I hate only have one napper....)  I'd like to say we clean up at the same times, but I am not that scheduled of a person.  Ahem.  Anyway, having an entire week where we've gone and done something every day is reminding me more of the month of May than July.

So just a few random things:

* Bruiser turns 4 in 3 days.  3.  Count them.  Uno, dos, tres....  I can't believe it.

* And speaking of Bruiser, I noticed today that one of his fingers leans to the side.  It almost looks broken at the knuckle.  It's one of his sucking fingers.  Probably ought to stop that pretty soon......  I can't make any promises there.

* I am in the process of "sprucing up" my house.  Hence the reason we've been gone every day this week.  I'm finally taking my house out of the 1980s de-brassing my house.  We moved in 11 years and 2 weeks ago. (Side note here:  Don't move in July.  In Arkansas.)  I said when I moved in de-brassing was of upmost importance.  Numero dos on the renovation to-do list.  Right after stripping the wallpaper that looked like an EKG report.  It was blue and mauve...so it went quick.  Quicker than quick.  But the brass...well...did I mention we've been here 11 years? 

* Why the spruce up?  For one reason, I'm tired of NOT fixing it up.  And also, whenever we do decide to put it on the market it needs to be ready.  I keep saying I'd like to enjoy some of the sprucing up instead of doing the spruce-and-move.

* I'm listening to the Tweedle brothers (Dum and Dummer...and yes I realize those are misspellings.  I went with the original Dum spelling from Alice.) clean up the living room.  I have a feeling that more than Legos are making it into the Legos box.  Doh Doh is trying to...um...help, yeah that's it...help.  And something just now went flying across the living room.  No idea what it was.  It didn't hit anything (therefore I'm letting it slide), and Bruiser sure thought it was funny.

* I scored two rugs ON CLEARANCE that were perfect to replace the rugs that were showing some major wear and tear.  I bought both rugs cheaper than my budget for one.  Yeehaw.  Don't you love it when that stuff happens?

* I'm still reading Radical, but I can already recommend it.  If you get the chance, snag it, borrow a copy, whatever.  It's a good, and very easy, read.

* I am amazed at God's goodness.  His blessings astound me.  I am truly humbled.  I feel like I should say more in this category, but that simply says it all.

* I am one of those rare people who actually likes the heat.  Heat, ok.  Humidity, ugh.  Today the humidity was just downright ick.  I literally just came in from outside, opened the fridge to refill my 9 millionth milk sippy cup of the day, and just stood there...allowing the what-is-normally-frigid-air-but-is-right-now-just-plain-ole-cool air to soothe my sweaty soul.

* Now you all know why I wear dresses every day.

* A neighborhood friend who moved far away just stopped by to visit.  I have a light fixture just inside the front door literally dangling from the ceiling, old rugs rolled up sitting behind the couch, a day's worth of blocks/Legos/cars littering the entry, a kitchen filled with Walmart shopping bags and birthday items yet to be put away, and just plain ole daily life strewn about.  And I loved every minute of having them here.  I'm just not one of those who cares about all that stuff.  And I'm glad they didn't mind either!  My house never looks like a magazine...and I like it that way.  Anyway, thanks Amy for stopping by!!!!

* I just went outside.  And stepped on a slug.  I rarely wear shoes.  Imagine that squishy feeling.

* One last tidbit of info.  A priceless story.  (First, for those who don't know, my dad is a prison chaplain.  A few days a week he is in the jail ministering to the inmates.  Every Sunday he and my mother have morning worship services in the men's and women's prisons.)  We've had a neighborhood burglar hitting homes on our street.  I haven't, for obvious reasons, spoken of it, but it has been an eery feeling.  Last week the burglar was caught.  And he confessed.  When my sweet Bubba asked where the man is now, I told him he was in jail.  And do you know what his sweet response was?????

"Oh good!  Now Grandad can tell him about Jesus!"

Doesn't that just say it all? 


Let the little children come unto me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment