Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE Momma's Boy Turns 4

It's official.  My Momma's boy is 4.  Sniff.  Sniff.

If any of you doubt my boy's Momma-obsession, dig this:  we had to pick him up at 9:30 the other night from my parents' house.  He just needed to snuggle with Momma.  (Or, in Bruiser talk, he needed to "fuggle" with Momma.)

Yes, you guessed it -- this Momma is NOT complaining.  I.  LOVE.  IT.

The music that is coming from his birthday motorcycle I ain't really lovin' right this minute.

In fact, he just had to ask permission to turn it on.  Earlier I was trying to make a phone call (an almost impossibility with 3 kids) and I had to veto the usage of said motorcycle. 

Two days of noise-making birthday toys, one baby with an ear infection, & several sleepless nights makes for one very tired Momma.

So back to the birthday festivities:  for Bruiser's birthday he wanted cupcakes and pizza.  In that order.

Now, I know that one should indulge one's self on one's birthday.  Indulgence to me is pizza and cupcakes.  And so he was made -- albeit a very small portion -- to eat his pizza FIRST.  Then he could partake of said cupcake.  (Bruiser is one very HUGE sweet eater.  This is NOT something I encourage.  Even on b-days.)



Can you guess our theme????  Here's what's hilarious:  Bruiser even wanted MOMMA to make his cupcakes.  No super spectacular bakery confections for this lad.  Oh, no.  He wanted Momma's sweetness to ooze into his eateries.  I think the boy needs help.

Oh, how we LOVE our "Fubbub."  That's Bruiser for Spongebob, y'all.

This is the shy birthday boy.  Cracks me up.  He was just not really that in to his party.  Unlike his big brother, who nearly wet himself in anticipation.

He finally, after the candle was extinguished (which I missed b/c someone told him to blow it out...I was not that person b/c I was waiting for my camera to reset...but I'm not bitter, no...definitely not bitter) perked up and began to enjoy himself.  Sweets do that to this kiddo.

After scarfing down 2 cupcakes (one chocolate, one vanilla respectively) he then began to ask about presents.  FINALLY!  Little interest was shown up to that point!  Seriously?????  Who is this kid?


Ok, I wanna know -- who turned his shirt around????  One of the things I love about this boy is how he can NEVER ever get his shirt on the right way.  He picked his own outfit for this day (obviously) and the shirt was on backwards.  I purposefully did NOT turn it around.  Who is the culprit who had to right this hilarious wrong?


Do you notice the Spongebob birthday ribbon?  Being worn by the UN-birthday boy?

How much do I love this picture?  Chewing on that lower lip, staring at his very own CD.  He calls all the CDs they listen to "Bubba's CDs."  It was time for him to have his very OWN.

After Christmas I swore I was NOT buying anymore Legos.  Oh, how I heart Legos!  But we have PLENTY.  And I mean plenty.  But what have my kiddos played with EVERY day this summer when the sweltering heat has driven us inside from our beloved outdoors?  L. E. G. O. S.

And when I found this set I knew we had to have it.  I cleared it with Daddy-o first.  Because although I love putting together Legos,  I knew with this large set our awesome Daddy would be the one in charge of assembly. 

And two hours later we had a house.  With a garage.

Might seem odd to you that I chose a house with a garage for boys.  As a kid, one of my favorite toys was a Legos set I got in Dallas from a very enormous Toys R Us.  I can remember it exactly.  And the set was a mom/daughter in an all-white bathroom complete with hair dryer, towel rack, toilet, sink and tub.  I hearted that set.  So house Legos seem very girly to me....but every day -- EVERY DAY -- my boys build garages and houses out of blocks and Legos.  Bubba is garage-obsessed.  He can tell you how big EVERYONE's garage is.

This three bedroom, two 1/2 bath house (totally kidding, folks) comes complete with a one-car garage, 1 lawnmower, 1 basketball goal, and one gorgeous apple tree in the side yard.  You might even notice the satellite dish above the garage.  J'adore the details the Legos company includes.  It's the best part.

If you were to see the boys' closet and armoire you would see my slight (ahem) Legos obsession.  (Doh Doh even has some big ones for her!)  I probably need to seek therapy.  12-step program even.  But I promise...this is the last one.  Until Christmas....b/c today at Target I saw a Legos set with a school bus and even.....  Get a life, Amy.  Get a life.

I probably need to reread Radical.  (That's only funny if you've actually read the book.  If you haven't, then here's a hint:  the author goes seriously into "sell your possessions and follow [Christ].")

So what did precious Bruiser ask me midway through his party?  This is priceless.

Bruiser:  Momma, am I "fee-yuh" now?  (That's 4 in Bruiser-speak.)

Me:  Yes, you sure are.  You are 4!  A big, big boy!

Bruiser:  Do I have to stop sucking my fingers now?

Did my heart melt?  Yes, it did.  Did my plan to make him stop sucking his fingers at 4 fall by the wayside?  Yes.  Yes, it did.  Am I ashamed of that?  Nope.  Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment