Well, let's blog and see if the craving passes........
This is the lake house we stayed in. Have I posted this one before? We stayed upstairs, the boat house is below, which is actually where the owners [currently] live.
Obviously that's the back side facing the water. Below is a picture of the other cabin they have. We went inside it and it is just as beautiful. By the way, one reason I'm posting pictures of the houses is b/c we've had questions from friends who might stay there. Just thought I'd post pictures so you can see everything!
Doh Doh had a little bit of trouble sleeping the first couple of days. On a walk one peaceful morning she CRASHED. Seriously, how cute is that??
At first, my little fish had no real desire to venture out -- or really even swim -- in the lake.
That quickly changed......
He had no problems swimming around, from raft to raft. Bruiser, however, never even attempted it. No big shocker there.
The paddle boat was an ENORMOUS hit. Which was a huge deal for me. The summer camp I worked at had paddle boats. I spent countless hours in them...and also swimming after them after many a rowdy summer storm.
The best part was watching how quickly the boys became extremely comfortable in them.
There's really no way to capture that. But they would paddle that boat up to the dock, jump out and tie it up. It quickly became a task as natural as...well, as drinking milk in their sippy cups. :o)
If you look closely in the pic above you can see the splash in the water where a big fish jumped right out of the water. They were looking at something else when he (or she...not sure how you tell) surprised us all.
This is Bubba describing the size (ahem) of the fish. Those fish tales are starting awfully early, Bub.
This was Bruiser's attempt, with probably a lot more accuracy.
This picture's description in one word? PATRONIZING. Those precious boys both humoring their picture-taking mother. Both of them are probably thinking what they'd actually like to do with that camera.....
This picture is here just for the view of the crotch strap. No real other reason. Although you can see some of the loot in the back of the boat that my hoarder was collecting. Yes, Leslie...even in a paddle boat he's a hoarder.
Watching his brother dock the boat....and completely unaware his mother still has the camera. I think he was getting a little sleepy as well.
More patronizing, right there. But it's cute patronization, no?
I figure that's all I'll share today. That's right...almost all paddle boating pictures. But they were CUTE paddle boating pictures. Right? Right??????
Hope you weren't so bored you won't come back and visit again. Wink, wink.
And yes, I'm still craving chocolate chip shortbread. Maybe a trip to Harp's after all.
Actually, Bubba just dropped a glass bottle in the garage. Nice. Guess I'll be cleaning up glass instead of indulging in shortbread of the chocolatey variety.
And yes, I'm still craving chocolate chip shortbread. Maybe a trip to Harp's after all.
Actually, Bubba just dropped a glass bottle in the garage. Nice. Guess I'll be cleaning up glass instead of indulging in shortbread of the chocolatey variety.


















No comments:
Post a Comment