Ok, so happy 4th a little early!
I love the 4th of July. Probably b/c it's a summer holiday...and we all know my passion for summer.
But I'm also an extremely patriotic person. I love my country. I love those who have fought to defend my country. I'm not always proud of country, but I'm thankful everyday to live in a FREE country that is like no other in the world.
As you're guzzling your root beer tomorrow, holding a red sparkler, chomping on corn on the cob schmeared with oodles and oodles of butter, tearing your teeth through a juicy BBQd rib (ooh, ick) then please remember how our country came to be FREE. We fought hard. A group of men who knew the value of freedom. Who knew the long-term benefits of their sacrifices.
These men and women were not concerned with instant gratification. They were planning ahead. For the future generations. And by the grace of an amazing God, their actions were honored. Their prayers were answered. And today we're a free land.
We still have to fight to keep our liberties. That will probably never end.
Thank a solider. Thank a veteran. Not just b/c it's the 4th, but b/c it's what they deserve. Let's show them honor, respect, courtesy. They do way more for us.
I'm grateful. Not just to these brave men and women who've gone before us and who fight today, but to my Lord. If you've never traveled outside of our country, plan a trip. If you don't come home grateful for what you have then take another trip. Reality is always the best eye opener.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me all You've given me. I'm always grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment