Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This post should've been posted days ago! I thought it did, but I forgot to actually publish it. So this post is SUPER random!

So I've had some questions regarding my photos in the last post. I poured over pictures for literally minutes. Yes, I grabbed the ones on top. Still not sure why a picture of me at 9 and one as a newlywed were doing in my box marked "college pictures." I've mentioned before I'm not an organized person...right? Gotta love the pre-digital age.

So obviously a lot of thought went into it.

Random things run through my brain...constantly. Usually when I'm out walking and the boys are riding along beside me, these thoughts torture me. I'm trying to listen to Bubba as he explains to me what each key goes to on his key chain. It changes about 5 times per conversation. And to my precious little Bruiser as he counts and just talks nonstop about absolutely everything. Every. Thing.

That's usually when the randomness really takes hold.


So a few key points on random randomness:

  • Years ago I saw the previews for a new show that was coming on. I was hooked from that very first preview. I watched the show until it ended several seasons later. The show was Gilmore Girls and if you've never watched it, snag the DVDs and get hooked. Lots of people have become recent addicts via DVD. Oh, how I miss that show! Isn't it weird when you get attached to shows like that? Honestly, that was my first. ANYWAY, I'm slightly addicted to houses and how people decorate. I find it so difficult to pinpoint my exact style. I never really find it in any magazine pictures or books. Looking thru some of my old college pictures for that last post I saw my style in the different places I lived. So what does this have to do with Gilmore Girls? The post here is on the houses from the show. And I so love the Dragonfly Inn where Lorelei works. (Sidenote: Lorelei was almost Doh Doh's name.) Check out the post. Maybe b/c it's the library, but this is my favorite picture. Sigh. I'm ready to move.


  • The other day the UPS man delivered a package. We're a little excited about it. Especially Bubba, my nerdy old man almost 6-year old. It's our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Jr. kit. It came with chore charts, cash envelopes for Giving, Spending, and Saving. However, the piece de resistance for Bubba is the calculator (nerd!) and change purse with the key chain attached. Have I ever mentioned his key/key chain addiction? It's bad. VERY bad. Don't invite him over. He'll scour your drawers for keys.

  • I heart Dave Ramsey.

  • Tonight Doh Doh was super fussy. Long day. Long story. Won't bore you. While trying to make bruschetta AND keep her from emptying all the Ziplocs on the floor AGAIN I took her our to the herb garden with me. It was light and breezy out and she and I stood there and picked basil together. I. LOVED. IT. I gave her a small leaf (I have a major abundance, just in case you need any herbs). She smelled it...she just might be a sniffer, too...she rubbed it all over her face. I was surprised she didn't eat it. But she seemed content enough just to play with it for awhile.............But then we came inside. The enticing basil leaf soon lost its mojo and she discovered that she was back inside. If I've never mentioned it before, Doh Doh is slightly obsessed with the outdoors like her Momma. The next few minutes weren't pretty.

  • Right now I can hear two tuckered out little fellas snoring. Yes, snoring. And yes, I can hear them over all the other sounds in the house. I hope I never forget that.

  • For my birthday my man got me a Bose SoundDock for my kitchen. Now I can listen to my iPod without having to wear ear plugs while I unload the dishwasher. And make dinner. And read thru school folders. And reload the dishwasher. And fill sippy cups of milk. And grate cheese for Doh Doh. BUT I realized that I send thank you notes to everyone else for my birthday presents. And yet my sweet, sweet man doesn't get one. So thanks, babe. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I typed notes to go along with Financial Peace thinking one day someone would want to read the book. Then, I could give them my notes...kinda like Cliff Notes. Talk about random! No one has ever asked me for my copy of the book...my plan was stupid! Ha!

    ReplyDelete