So yes, our precious Doh Doh has turned ONE. And, the same day, I turned one plus...well, never mind plus how many. It was a lot. Ahem. Let's just say that now when my man says I am in my "mid-thirties" it's really for reals now. Sigh.
We had a fun, polka dot filled birthday par-tay. And I'm pretty sure you will be able to guess what two colors I chose for the party.
IMPORTANT NOTICE HERE!!!! IF you are a faithful reader of this blog, you've no doubt "listened" to my rantings about not liking Blogger. I have SO DESPERATELY wanted to change font colors, which I just did above. How did I suddenly manage this??? As it turns out, I've been blogging THIS ENTIRE TIME -- since January -- under Edit HTML. Not under Compose. By simply clicking on Compose I am just now this very moment feeling like a new woman. My font shows up; I can change colors; I can change font styles; I can bold; I can italicize; I can change the oil in my car. Ok, maybe not that last one. But seriously, I may bust out and sing I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.............
With the boys I didn't really do big 1st birthday parties. With Doh Doh I decided I better go all out. Of course, all out in April consisted of EVERYTHING being color coordinated and EVERYTHING polka dot. By the time May, and the end of school year and all-around life with 3 kids, happened I decided against going "all out." Not really my style anyway. (Well, perhaps if I were more of an organized person it would be my style....let's just not go there.)
I did make tissue paper pom-poms.
(I am amazed right now that I CAN SEE the picture I just inserted. Amazing. How in the world did it take me 4 months to discover this??? Le sigh.)
And hung those pom-poms from the ceiling.
It's a little hard to take a good picture of items hanging from your ceiling. And, quite obviously, this picture was taken before fluffing all those pom-poms. That aqua one looks a little...off.
Yes, I'm now obsessed with font color.
Tee hee. Tee hee.
We invited just the family over for the party. Even with that small guest list, the anticipation was still a killer.

Ignore the box, please. (How hilarious is that???)
Ironically, this was Doh Doh's favorite spot. The drink station. The ice bucket.

It's the simple things in life.
I didn't get any pictures of Doh Doh with her party guests, but I did snag this one before the party truly got kicked off. Pretty special picture...although the star attraction wouldn't grace us with her smile for the camera.
Still not sure why when inserting pictures I'm ending up with a lot of spaces between lines. It's also difficult to drag the pictures. Might be easier in Edit HTML b/c at least then I could cut and paste my pictures. Hmm....
First came the food....


Then came the good stuff. And I ain't talkin' food, people.

Although she really had no idea what in the world to do with it all.
I'm pretty sure she's thinking that she usually gets in trouble for ripping into stuff like that.
This one from Uncle Marc had her interest from the get-go. Once opening it, it did not disappoint.
Her very own GIRLY mini-van. Complete with his/her carseats in the back. And a dog. And a bag of groceries. Gotta love realism.
I adore this picture.
She just couldn't quite take it all in....
She got her first doll. Which, I'm happy to report, she napped with today. After two boys, that is just pure sweetness.
Not sure exactly why, but somehow in this next photo I cut off the motorcycle she's holding. Look closely.
Another Uncle Marc keepsake.
At this point, I could insert pictures of myself opening my presents. But why torture myself. At the last minute I opted for a clothing change. Not a smart move. I'm a total dress fanatic and literally live in them all spring/summer long. Unfortunately, I recently purchased a white one that I thought had a nice Bohemian flare to it to match my personality and style.
Little did I know it also made me look 9 months pregnant. Even my sweet man SWORE to me I don't look like that in real life. Lying or not, I love him for that. Therefore, those pictures will not be included in our little Birthday Extravaganza.
And now, (insert trumpet fanfare HERE!!) the quintessential moment everyone has been waiting for.
It's cake time. (Insert MC Hammer's "Hammer Time" here.)
This was Doh Doh's smash cake. (Love, love, love the name of those. Again with the realism.)
The "adult cake which can still be eaten by kids," as Bubba so eloquently put it, was gorgeous. Really couldn't get a good picture of it to do it justice. The vultures were circling. It's amazing I even got these photos.
Hang tight with me as I show all the cuteness with the cake. Cuz it was serious cuteness.

We know something good is about to happen.
Cute, right? Sorry if you aren't family and you had to endure all of that!! Believe me, there were more. MORE. I spared you.
Moving on to post-cake eating. The clean up has taken place. And we're playing with our new toys. Did I mention the mini-van plays music?

We love you!!!
Even our diapers our polka dots! Anyone else noticing that????















Love it! The party looked great. It has been so crazy around here and I forgot to wish you both Happy Birthday. I didn't forget...It was also my sister-in-laws bday and I didn't call her either. Bad friend...bad sister-n-law.
ReplyDeleteA couple of times, I thought you might have been posting under the HTML, but it never really hit me. So sorry! At least you figured it out!