Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Class of 2010

If I enjoyed music on people's blogs I would have Pomp & Circumstance playing right now.

But I don't like music on blogs. Just a little thing I have....

My precious little Bubba graduated from kindergarten Monday night. It was an emotional night for me. However, last year when he finished K4 at his Mother's Day Out program they had a graduation ceremony.

That one was harder for me.

Of course, Doh Doh was also 2 weeks old. Lots of those good ole hormones were pumping thru my system!

This time I didn't think it would be as emotional. I was WRONG. I was teary eyed the moment they started down the aisle. And the baby pictures they showed! Have mercy. Coming across the stage, his lean into his teacher that made the crowd "ahhh!" as he accepted his diploma, and listening to the ladies sitting in the pew I was crouched down next to while taking pictures as they gushed about what a cutie he was...flip flops and all!...well, all that really got to me.

But I was also emotional b/c Bubba won't be returning to school there next year. After much prayer and consideration we have decided to put him in public school next year. We've had a fabulous year at Christian school. But it's so expensive. Not that we don't think it's worth it, but we both felt like the Lord is leading us to be better stewards financially.

And while I found it a great decision a few months ago, my emotions are getting the better of me. It's been hard. VERY HARD. And I know that next year will not be the same.

But that has NOTHING to do with GRADUATION!

So back to the GRADUATE!

The last picture as a kindergartener. I snagged a picture just as he was walking into the room to put on his cap and gown. Seriously folks, how cute is that face?

And here he comes marching down the aisle. The expression kills me b/c this is right when he noticed all of us. We purposefully sat on the aisle to catch them as they marched in.

His precious, precious teacher awarding him his diploma. I cannot say enough good things about this woman. We felt blessed for 2 years at PK with Mrs. Amy. She and Bubba had quite the bond. Well, this year was no different. In fact, Mrs. K called us on Tuesday evening just to talk. (She's done this several times!) And ask us to come and visit today. She already missed Bubba. She cleaned out her classroom yesterday (she's teaching a different grade next year) and wanted him to see how the room looked cleaned out. Now tell me, how sweet is that?

This is his, "I seriously don't want to be posing like this, Mom" look.

Now this is more like it.
After the graduation ceremony they had a small reception. We had already promised a trip to Braum's, but Bubba who was really milking the whole graduate angle wanted to do BOTH. Imagine that.
We're ALL super proud of you, Bubba. Your multiple awards at Honors Chapel -- perfect attendance, all E's for the 9 weeks and only 1 G the entire school year, and the citizenship award every 9 weeks. Your sweet, sweet spirit. Your reading skills and willingness to learn. Your Scripture memorization. EVERYTHING.
This is one proud Momma. Who sits here, still under the tissue paper pom-poms from Doh Doh's 1st birthday party, with tears in her eyes. And sniffles. I'll never forget the moment you were born, those great big brown eyes staring up at me. Knowing that I was Momma. Everyone talks about your big eyes. Your little windows to your inside. And I love them.
I also know that in literally a blink of an eye your next graduation will be here. I'm not ready for that yet. Not ready to have to release you. Right now I'm content snuggling with you, tuck-tuck-tucking at night, reading to you as your sound out the words with me, listening to your many descriptions of your keys, and yes -- even your hoarding.
I love everything about you.

If you can lighten up on the hoarding though, I'd appreciate it.
And just for fun, the picture below is from May 2009, K4 graduation. Bubba, you still look the same! But you've grown! In mind and body!!

That's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. I brought the whole family in to look at the pics of Ben. How cute is he!?! Ava said, "Wook at Ben!"

    Congrats Buddy!

    ReplyDelete