I have no idea why, but I was hoping to get to the end of the school year and then buy new shoes. But seeing his bright red Lightening McQueen socks through the hole in the toes AND seeing the strings coming out I decided it was time
Straight to Academy we went. I ended up rushing him b/c a thunderstorm was coming through. But rushing didn't matter. He saw these black/red ones and it was as if the heavens opened and the Hallelujah chorus began playing. He was sold. Wrap 'em up, we'll take 'em to go!
This child LOVES anything new. I also think he inherited my shoe fetish.The next day we went to Hobby Lobby. A few days before I had seen an army green messenger bag. On clearance. If you know anything about my little hoarder Bubba, you know that bag just SCREAMS him. Anything to stuff more junk into.
So even though he was with me that day, I decided to grab it. A reward for awesome grades ALL year long. I explained to him the purpose of the bag.
Then I took him to find patches.
You think the Hallelujah chorus played that day with the shoes? You should've seen this child looking at patches. Have mercy.
He picked out a motorcycle patch and letters for his name. And, of course this goes without saying, he chose the biggest letters they had.

I had to immediately iron on the patches. And then the bag never left his side.
He even took it to his cousin's baseball game that night. Wore it around the ballfield the entire night.Now THAT is cute. Odd, but cute.
I loathe this picture of me. BUT, after taking so many pictures of the kids this day, Bubba wanted to take one of the two of us. As we lounged in the grass. Again, I loathe this picture. But I love my Bubba. When your child asks to take a picture WITH you, you say YES! YES! YES! And for that reason -- and that reason alone -- I love this picture. And that cute little guy's face.
Not to be left out, here's a Bruiser story for the day. This morning, as we're ALL trying to get ready and get Bubba to school by 8 for Honors Chapel, Bruiser said, "Momma, after we pick up Bubba today at sooo [school] are we going to summah [summer]? Because that will be FUN."
I concur. Summah is fun.
Today is Bubba's last day of school. He even gets to stay all day today, instead of leaving half-day at noon. Which means at 3 p.m. today, Bubba is oh-fficially a 1st grader.
Sniff. Sniff.
Tonight is graduation. K5 graduation, that is. You might want to purchase stock in Kleenex. I think I'll be going through quite a few. Tomorrow you can expect a SUPER CUTE post with SUPER CUTE pictures of a SUPER CUTE boy.
In cap and gown.
Sniff. Sniff.
It doesn't seem possible, but today is the 2nd post in a row without pictures of Doh Doh.
Yes, she's in a box. No, she doesn't have quite the same fascination with boxes as her brothers.




No comments:
Post a Comment