First, Bubba came home from school asking questions about the flooding in Tennessee. One of his classmates went back to Tennessee (where they recently moved from) to visit. I got online and showed Ben a video of some of the devestation in Nashville. I could tell he was upset and really worried about his buddy. He kept following me around, not letting me out of his sight. When I stepped out of the bathroom, and nearly knocked him on his rump, I knew I needed to do something.

I asked if he was still worried. We had already had a sweet moment discussing why floods happen and why we trust in the Lord. It was a great way for Ben to see Who is truly in control. But he was still struggling. So right there on the cold bathroom floor we dropped to our knees and prayed. We prayed for the victims. We prayed for his friend. We prayed for our own protection (he's now worried about flooding here). When we finished Ben said, "Wow. That was long." Funny.
But even sweeter than our moment praying together was the whispering I could hear as I prayed. He was praying right along with me. Pure sweetness.
My other precious moment for the day, although definitely nothing spiritual, came from Bruiser. As I was tucking the boys in bed (for their slumber party since Daddy's working late), I teasingly reminded them they only have 1 shopping day left until mine and Sophie's birthday. They told me they had NOTHING for me. All thru their giggles and grins. I told them they needed to use their money to get me something special. Bruiser jumped down off the bed and ran to his Daddy's change box. Grabbing 2 sweaty fists full of coins he ran back to the bed. After making a straight line out of all the coins I had to count them.

$1.46.
He then asked me if I wanted a choo-choo or a motorcycle. Through my misty eyes and lemon-sized knot in my throat, I answered motorcycle. I think I chose wisely.
I'm thankful for ALL my moments with my babies. But today I had pure sweetness.




So sweet!
ReplyDelete