all pictures are taken with my iphone. i haven't taken the pics off my camera yet!!!!
We stopped in St. Louis to hang out for awhile. My in-laws are from StL so we wanted the kids to see where they used to live (actually across the river in Illinois) and just to see the sights. We took them to the Arch...which, as you can imagine, was PACKED with people. Oh. My.
So we didn't go up in the Arch. Which really only Bubba wanted to, but he wasn't disappointed that we didn't. They really weren't all that impressed. {sigh}
Seeing Bruiser's shirt reminds me....when we stopped for lunch {at a pub that if i could remember the name of I would beg you NOT to eat there...yuck food...despite the reviews and what Google says...ick...ick...ick}...ok, back to the lunch story. Our service was GREAT despite the food and they all wanted to know where we were from. They asked if we were from Alabama. Which we couldn't understand. Because
In fact, I really can't explain their clothing choices for the day at all. I really don't say much...I let them choose. But there are times I veto everything. But considering we left at 5 in the morning, I was just glad they had on underwear. Well, Bubba did at least. {snort}
Ok, on to Chicago!!!! (am I the only one who sees city names in color?!?!?! and fonts?!?!?!)
My Bird did NOT want her picture taken. AT. ALL. Period. We had to beg
Chicago is in the top 5 of my favorite big cities. I absolutely love it. Little trivia about yours truly: I almost moved there after college for theatre. Long story, but I ending up moving back to my hometown to marry my man. #noregrets
The plan was to stay with my family before heading to Michigan. HOWEVER, we all had the stomach flu the week before AND the week of vacation. My man got sick the night before we were supposed to leave. So we left a day late and he was still sick.
I did NOT want to take that to my cousins. It was a HORRIBLE flu. So instead we came back to Chicago after our week in Michigan. It ended up working out better that way. So yay for the sickness! {ok, ooh...not really.}
again, it was probably because my kids had NOT slept and had been up since 5 a.m. but they weren't that impressed with the city. {i hang my head in shame}
We showed them Soldier Stadium, Adler Planetarium, The Field Museum, and Millennium Park. My big regret is that we didn't go in the Field Museum. Doh Doh wanted to see the dinosaur bones. It's all she talked about!!! But the boys were NOT interested. And there were so many people!!!
And in all honesty, we were ready to get to Michigan. It was still another 6 hour drive from Chicago. We had driven 11 hours the day before. We just needed to get to our destination! But we're headed back to Chicago this Fall...hopefully we can get our girl to see those dinosaur bones.
Happy Friday everyone! I'm off to my tennis lesson and then tennis clinic. In 100 degree heat. And after my second hour of tennis, I'm meeting friends from out of town for coffee! Ok, it'll be iced coffee for sure. But I'm so excited to see them!!!! I love summer. And friends who pass through our great state!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment