Wednesday, July 24, 2013

my view

It has been a great day.

We started the morning at my parents' friends' house out in the country.   They're out of town and we helped ourselves to their bounty.


I didn't want to leave.  I'm a country girl.  Married to a city boy.


I walked up and down the rows in her various garden plots.  And drooled.  The ingenuity.  The creativity.  She had peppers growing through coils of old wire.  They didn't droop...like my pepper plants...but the coils made it even easier to pick peppers.


I would've taken pictures of those coils, but I was too busy picking.  And drooling.  And breaking up fights for the tire swing.



Despite coming home with bags full of produce, watching tadpoles swim in the pond, gathering ingenious ideas for my garden next year, the best part of the day was that we get to go back!  In another day or so the cantaloupes will be ready.  And the blackberries.  And more tomatillos!


Oh my.  I'm drooling again.


And there will be LOTS more grapes ready.


Bruiser and Doh Doh were more fired up about the watermelons than anything else.



Well, except for maybe the chickens.  They were a hit.


After picking at this amazing garden, we headed to my parents big garden.  From there I came home with purple hull peas, cucumbers, okra, squash, & more tomatoes.


And if you're wondering, yes my boys are in their good clothes from church Sunday.  They spent the night with my parents after church but didn't have any play clothes.  And yes, I have lots of stains to get out of their shirts.  And no, they might not be church clothes anymore.  But we sure had fun.

After all the garden work, Bubba and Doh Doh went back home with my parents.  Bruiser came home with me.  Alone.  And ate Lunchables for a  late lunch.  And a Hershey bar.  He played the Wii alone.  Built Legos alone.  And played his Ipod.  Alone. 


This is my view.  He's having his best day ever.  He has me all to himself.  Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment