I know it sounds ridiculous, but birthdays stress me out. Is that weird?!?!? I just don't want my kids disappointed. Is that even weirder?!?!?! Last year I did a big combined birthday party for both boys. Hardly any of their school buddies came. They still had a blast...but it was a lot of work.
Bruiser makes friends easily. (That's one of his best buddies in the pic above. Look at the height difference!!!) Bubba, on the other hand, is my introvert. He's an old soul. He doesn't always relate well to kids his age. {sigh} That makes birthday parties even harder. Oh well.
So this year we spent Bubba's birthday on vacation (per his request!). And for Bruiser's birthday we swam at the athletic club and had pizza and cake.
Despite the 9,452 pins I have on Pinterest for a Minecraft birthday and birthday cakes, I did ZERO of those, only invited a couple of people, and had a bakery make the cake.
And we started our day with the perfect homemade French toast a McDonald's biscuit. Complete with the #7 candle.
Good grief, y'all. I love this boy. He melts me.
HaPpY BiRtHdaY, BruiSeR!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment