Wednesday, February 29, 2012

leap day, schmeep day

today is my dad's birthday.  seriously, what kind of freak is born on leap day? ;)  




if you know my dad at all, his freakish birthday personifies him.  the perfect eccentric birthday for an eccentric guy.  if you see him around, say howdy.


while looking for that picture above, i found this one of yours truly.




now you tell me....everyone calls doh doh a little me.  but what do you think?




maybe not the best comparison photo...but it's a little uncanny.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


* today doh doh & i actually have a day at home.  i'm so excited.  we've been busy lately!!  and the rest of the week is super busy.  today i'm just a'chillin'.  ;)


* last week i started working out with a personal trainer.  we met again yesterday.  i can barely walk today.  i may or may not need to repent for my thoughts i'm having about said trainer.


* last week i also gave up my favorite bubbly caffeinated concoction.  yep.  i did.  aren't you proud?  i sure am.  i'm splurging on the weekends, but straight laced thru the week.


* i just had to pause my blogging to send somebody's piggies off to market.


* house stuff:  today i meet with a house painter about painting the exterior of our house.  i also meet with a guy about rebuilding our deck in the backyard.  and {possibly} about building a pergola on one side of our house.  fun stuff!!!


* since we have a day at home, i'm working on meal planning today.  tomorrow is a trip to the grocery store.  i really stink at meal planning.  but our days here are so gorgeous now i'm never inside.  so i have got to get better organized about meals. wish me luck.....  


* anybody have meal planning suggestions?  i know how, i just don't do it.  {sigh}


happy leap day!

4 comments:

  1. So....is he 18 or so??? I bet he gets that a lot. HA! That's such a cool birthday....probably the coolest!

    Got your comment on my blog. I haven't heard of any problems...I guess it's just you! hehe! JK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and yeah, you and Doh Doh are identicals!

      Delete
  2. I remembered that it was your dad's birthday! I know I remember only random things from highschool! But that was one of them! I thought that pic was of dog dog and bruiser! Seriously never realized how much he looks like your brother!

    ReplyDelete