Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ok, you tell me.....

to all my photographer friends, it's your turn.  you tell me.

i shared before that Ashley had written an awesome post about purchasing a dSLR camera and lenses.  so here's what i got.

the canon rebel eos t3.

i was sold on the T3i, but at the last minute switched to the T3.  it seemed to be a better fit, so we shall soon see.

now, on the lenses.  it came with an 18-55mm.  i purchased the canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, based on Ashley's recommendation.  after that i didn't know what to do.  since my point & shoot has such a great zoom -- & i'm spoiled -- it was recommended i get the 55-250mm.  it was also on sale, half price.

thoughts?  did i make good choices?  i'd love to get the lens Ashley says she uses 90% of the time, the EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM.  but i better ease my  man into this since that lens is $1300.

i'm just starting out, but i think i'm already in love.


i haven't had a ton of time to figure it all out.  but i'm practicing.


the clarity is unbelievable.  it captures milk mustaches.


and goofy grins.


as well as cheetos stuck in teeth.


can you figure out my most willing subject?


i miss the days of drool, the slurping sounds of a slobbery pacifier (how's that for alliteration?), quiet afternoons switching between swings in 20 minute intervals, and giggles on a big wheel. 

2 comments:

  1. I just got the T2i. (Early Christmas present! YEHAW!!!)
    I had an older Rebel before.
    I LOVE it!!!
    Good choice with the Cannon!

    Are you going to take Ashley's Snap Shop? I'd LOVE to do it sometime.

    In the meantime, here's advice: play around with shooting your kids in P mode. You'll need good natural lighting. Those are always my favorite pictures of Alice. I tend to avoid the flash like the plague. :)

    Good luck! I can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending Ashley's blog. I have enjoyed it. I also have a friend that has a Canon XS and she takes WONDERFUL pics and is completely self taught. She read a book, JUST SAY NO TO AUTO that I may check out.

    I was told to use Program mode until I get the hang of everything, but I'm playing with it every chance I get. I'm still so lost.

    Your pics look great of the kids! Miss and love those smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete