I seem to have an ongoing journal entry or blog post in my head. It's incessant. It's annoying.
But I do love working in the yard...just wish I had discovered this as a newlywed and new homeowner, instead of years later. But that's another post for another day....
As a kid I always had to work in the yard...and I hated it. My friends spent their summers by the pool, bad side ponytails, neon bathing suits, with friends and some
I harvested tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, and whatever my parents were growing at the time. HOWEVER, I have never grown any of my own.
Until now.
I planted 21 tomatoe plants in my backyard. Along with 6 red bell pepper plants and 12(?) burpless (or English) cucumbers. I'm a little excited about it.
Have I ever mentioned that I eat tomatoes every day? Every. Day. I'm freaky like that.
But because I've never planted my own I wasn't really sure what variety to buy. And, probably most importantly, I was rather stuck with the varieties I got b/c the nursery was definitely picked over. When I came home with my prides and joys my mother laughed at me. Laughed. At. Me.
Apparently 21 plants is a lot. Even in my dad's very LARGE garden he only has 75. In my backyard I have 21. Hmm. But the amount was not the only reason for her laughter.
Apparently when the label says the variety is BIG BOY it really means BIG BOY. Interesting. I have about 12 BIG BOY plants. If they all make, that's a lot of...well, BIG BOYS.
Hope you all like 'maters too. I just might have enough to share.




No comments:
Post a Comment