Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've Been a Bad, Bad Blogger

It takes awhile to blog if you use pictures. If you're simply doing a text post, which I rarely do, then blogging is simple and easy. (Unless you add cute little strike-thrus to your text...then all that htmlly stuff comes in.) Sitting down to...
1. Put copyrighted info on every picture
2. Resize every photo (helps with photo stealing)
3. Type out a post
4. Drop photos in every post (again, pictures don't show up until you actually publish your post...all I get to see is the html codes for said pictures)
5. Try to have a decent 15 minutes without interruption

...rarely happens in my house.

And I get frustrated. And I yell or snap at my kids. All just b/c Momma wants 5 minutes on the computer. Or 5 minutes alone. Or 5 minutes to sit in the bathroom and pretend it's a sanctuary. Who am I kidding? They can find me in there, too.

But that's ok. They're cute. Cuteness goes a long way with me.


But it does explain why I don't have much time for blogging.

Question: (Typing that makes me feel like Dwight K. Schrute) Is there a way to make your pictures actually go where you want them to go in blogger? When I insert a picture it always goes to the top and then I have to copy and paste to get it where I want it. Just another time consuming step.....

So yesterday the younger two cubs and I headed to school to eat with the bigger cub. Not sure why this photo cracks me up, but it does. Pretty sure this is why Bubba wanted us to come to school and eat. He wanted to sit at the exclusive table. Well, sit at the exclusive table AND get McD's.


We've said all year we were going to do that and here it is the end of April and we did it for the first time. (Now he wants us there every week!!)


School is winding down. The spring musical is this evening. Summer is quickly approaching. Which means my big cub will no longer be a kindergartener but a big bad 1st grader. Sniff. Sniff. The beginning of the end. Life goes faster once they begin school. And I don't like it.


The boys are at that stage where no picture has a normal face.


Every face is silly. And I LOVE these pictures. Crave them. They make me laugh every time I look at them. But because they do every picture silly they find normalcy funny. Bubba was just getting his haircut and I caught a normal face -- not with my camera though!!! -- just like Andy Warhol caught Marilyn Monroe in her infamous "off guard" photo where she was just being Norma Jean, and not the character of Marilyn. (Just a little pop trivia for ya in case you need it for that random wisecrack...or Jeopardy.) So when Bubba realized I was looking at him he said, "This is my normal face."

I needed a camera at that very moment.

Unfortunately, I was feeding Goldish to a very impatient little "lady."


That's Doh Doh yesterday at the school lunch. Another hamhocks picture. Just to keep the family happy. Like her leg warmers? Not very Jane Fonda, are they? It was a little chilly for just a miniskirt. And leg warmers are just way too stinkin' cute. A girl's gotta be rockin' it at all times. Cuz you just never know....

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'm wondering if blog posting is harder for you b/c of your cute template? Blogger templates, while not nearly as cute, make posting tons easier. Not sure why it makes such a difference but pix upload instantaneously, no html, AND no re-posting of comments like I have to do on all these cute blogs.

    I had a template like this once and had all these same issues.

    Hope this helps!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete