Saturday, April 17, 2010

You can tell it's a rainy day. Because I'm blogging. Sorry, folks. But the days here have been way too gorgeous to even possibly consider sitting in front of a computer. It's a dig-your-toes-in-the-grass kinda weather.


And the evenings have been full of dirty dishes, dirty kids, and lots of laundry.


I think I've mentioned before but I'm an outdoor fanatic. If it's a pretty day you can guarantee I'm going to be outside relishing every glorious moment. Have I ever mentioned that my all-time favorite job was working 4 amazing summers at a camp on a lake? Imagine, a swimsuit as a uniform. Ahhh, it was bliss. And now as a momma I get to pretty much have that exact same job.

Except now instead of 14 sweaty kids in my troupe I just have 3. And it's plenty, I promise.

So what in the world have we been up to?

Lots of picnics in the fort.


A tremendous amount of horseplay.


And a lot of sleepless nights.


Aren't teeth grand?

I have to admit though. When I found out there was a possibility of rain, I was a little excited. We haven't had a day indoors in a long time. I was kind of excited about getting to stay in and lounge around!


If, of course, you count laundry as lounging around......


So, I'm going to be very honest...and maybe you other bloggers will back me up.

I thought blogging would be different. A LOT DIFFERENT. I envisioned a beautiful white background where I could drop photos in with an easy click, view my adorable photos, repositioning as I went along. And when the fancy struck I could click a button and change my font colors.


Probably to red and aqua. (Please envision the word red in red color and aqua in aqua. All different fonts as well to make my point.)

And font sizes would be teeny tiny small and abundantly large. All just to make a dramatic point.


I envisioned Word. Or Pagemaker.

Never, ever did I envision having to learn html codes just to do my favorite strike-thru thingymabob I'm so obsessed in love with.

And because of this lackluster fanfare I'm a little less enthused about blogging. I can't see the finished product until I click "publish." (Unless I have a practice blog...seriously, who has time for that?)


And very easily, because I have 4 distractions wanting my undivided attention at their every whim (PLEASE notice I said 4 and not 3 there....), I lose my train of thought and my amazing, witty, poetic journaling is gone. Lost forever in the ole noggin. IF my background were "purty" and all "fancified" it would probably come back to me.

But staring at the undramatic font, the bland colors of black and white, and the html-code of what really should be my beautiful children's faces staring at me from my photos is NOT helping my creative juices to flow forth.

Can I get an amen? Or am I the only one????

No comments:

Post a Comment