Friday, September 28, 2012

it's an addiction

oh my.  where have i been?  ahh, the forgotten blog.  anybody still out there?  hello?  hello?!?!

why am i not blogging?  no seriously.  does anybody know?  i just can't seem to get my act together.  today is the prime example.  i forgot to send 25 pudding cups to school with bubba.  anyone want to nominate me for mother of the year?

{sigh}  and the very mother who had to come to my rescue and make a mad dash to the store (when all she had to do was call me!!!!!!!!! but i digress....) is the very mother i told i would bring ALL 25 cups.  i believe my exact words were, "i've got it covered.  don't think another thing about it."  {ouch}


anyone need any pudding for anything?  i happen to currently have 28 cups in my fridge.


***********************
so i do have a secret to confess.  another reason why i'm not blogging these days.

i'm addicted.

those who know me well also will remember my other Amy Sherman-Palladino obsession.

oh my.  i love that show.  ya know what's sad??  when Bubba was little, Gilmore Girls was the only thing i really did.  yes, pathetic.  but my man would take bubba into our room and wrestle with him or whatever while i watched that show.  yes, it was before DVRs and the beauty of recording shows and pausing live TV!  oh my.

but now, there's another show that has stolen my heart.  BUNHEADS.




sutton foster has long been one of my favorite broadway actresses.  i've shared this clip with you before.  love her.  (watch that clip.  seriously.  she'll knock your socks off.  and next time you see me, i'll sing it for ya.  promise.  sigh...i miss my old job.)


much like my beloved Gilmore Girls, Bunheads is heavy on the verbal dialogue.  and full of witty and current references....and heavy on the pop culture as well.  i would wager over half the hilarious lines are lost on the audience.  but that's ok...b/c the story telling is good, too.

it took me a couple of episodes to get the hilarious Sutton Foster in this role, but now i adore her in it.  i will warn you....i wouldn't watch this show with a young audience AT ALL.  i heard someone say she watched it with her granddaughter.  oh, noooo, no, nooo.  huh-uh.  



 i didn't watch it during the season.  actually, i forgot about it.  but honestly -- and i don't know why i doubted her!!!! -- but i thought Amy Sherman- Palladino couldn't pull off another brilliant show like Gilmore Girls.  i was wrong.  so i caught the episodes the very day the season was ending.  and i've been watching them OnDemand ever since. 

watch it.  love it.  tell me about it.  any other Bunheads out there?!?!?!

my favorite line?!?!  Michelle & Sasha are watching the cheerleaders perform from the bleachers.  Sasha "sprained her spirit" and has been put in a time-out.  while watching their very unimpressive kicks, Michelle says, "wow.  did they learn to kick in a room with really low ceilings?"


how could you NOT love a show like that??!?!?!  enjoy, my friends.  i'm off to pick up my fellas from school.  and then somehow talk my man into watching Bunheads with me on our date night.  i'll let ya know if i succeed.  {never doubt my abilities, people.}





3 comments:

  1. HI! You were missed :) And now I have to go check out Bunheads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted this! I have 11 episodes of this show saved on my DVR. I started to watch it this summer, but certain girls wanted to watch too (ballerinas - can I watch?) and I honestly didn't love the first 2 episodes. But then again - I didn't love GG the first few episodes either. I'm going to try Bunheads again. I also have to get over the mother-in-law who is NOT Emily Gilmore - quite the opposite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love that show so much. It's possible I still DVR Gilmore Girls every single day and watch (yeah, my husband loves that). And when Bunheads started it was love at first watch.

    ReplyDelete