my plan was to start next week. but i can't stand it anymore. so i've started in my bathroom. i saw this pin today.
1. Fill tub with hot water above jets.
2. Pour in 1/2 cup bleach and a tablespoon of powdered cascade dishwashing detergent. (I didn't have bleach {rarely use it} so I used vinegar.)
3. Run jets for 15 minutes.
4. Empty tub.
5. Refill with cold water.
6. Run jets 10 minutes to rinse.
The above picture is not my tub. And I didn't have nearly that amount of gunk. Yuck. But I did have this residue......
lots of little black pieces. I'm currently in the rinse cycle.
that pin just helped to jumpstart the cleaning. yay!! so i'm checking this one off my list.
***********************
i currently have 3 sleeping children. and it's the afternoon. they all spent the night at my brother's last night, playing with their cousins. they came home exhausted. so today i put them all down for naps...and i'm cleaning. despite the fact that i desperately need a nap myself. {sigh}
now i'm off to scrub my shower. try not to be jealous of this glamorous life i lead.
************************
you can see my other cleaning pins here. i haven't tried all of them but there's also a link to the dawn detergent and vinegar solution i use to clean my sinks and showers.
next week i have a great tip for you on cleaning your chalkboard walls, doors, etc. works great and way easier than repainting it!!
happy spring cleaning!





No comments:
Post a Comment