Monday, November 18, 2013

weekend projects

Arkansas weather is a crazy thing.


One minute we're bundled up, watching the smoke drift from the chimneys, and smelling that heavenly aroma of a fire crackling in someone's fireplace.



The next day we're in flip flops and tank tops.  And turning the AC back on.



True story.

That was our weekend.  



Friday the kids and I marveled at the frost on the rooftops and shimmering on the brown grass.  Saturday we were sweating as we cleaned out the garage.



That's just the way it is here.
If you don't like the weather, stick around a few more minutes.  It'll change.



But taking advantage of said warmer weather......we cleaned out the GARAGE!!!!




Now, I must confess......
I had grandiose dreams when I concocted this plan.
Shelves were going to be moved, another shelving unit added, and hooks and pegs in all shapes and sizes were to grace one wall.
And I was going to take pretty pictures with my actual camera.



Yes, I saw future Pinterest pins in my head.



But that plan involved my man being at work.
And my Dad helping with all the grunt work.

My grandiose plan most assuredly did not involve my man.

I don't work as fast when he's around.
And I certainly don't make very quick decisions.

But we did it.  Together.

Although one of us shot down the idea of adding another shelving unit.
You know that someone wasn't me.

But the job is done and even though it doesn't look like Pinterest the picture in my head...the job is DONE.  Yay.

And every time I step out into the garage I'm surprised!
As if I almost forget the sweat, the laughs, the arguments, and my indecisiveness of our windy beautiful Saturday.

And because I have yet to post this on Craigslist, I'll put it here first.

FOR SALE:::::

6 leather dining chairs.  4 are ripped.
Yes, ripped.
But fixable.
If you like a project, here ya go!

oops.  I forgot to take a real pic.  {sigh}
The rips looks like this.

Leave a message in the comments
OR
email me at covet the dust {at} gmail {dot} com
no spaces, and symbols instead of the {at} and the {dot}

ALSO FOR SALE:::::::

Britax Frontier Car Seat/Booster

I love Britax car seats.  My kids have only had Britax car seats.
You can read about the Frontier seat here.

I used this seat for 2 of my kids, but only in my husband's car.  So despite the look in that top picture, this wasn't used all that much.  It doesn't look as bad in real life as it does in that picture!  And the cover has been washed since I snapped that pic.

Email me for details!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks!
    Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete